Sunday, September 02, 2012
 
CHAPTER FIVE - MOVIES, GAMES and CLASSES
My intention is to make a short and sweet post today.

Let's see if I can do it!

MOVIES

Every Monday night there is a movie shown at my clubhouse. It can be a current one like "The Artist" or an old one like "Love Me or Leave Me."



If for some reason you can't make the movie on the night it is shown, that movie is shown at another clubhouse on a different day.

I love the movies, so for me it's a great opportunity to see a film that I missed or one that I want to see again. Another great thing about seeing a movie here is, "I don't have to drive anywhere to see it!"

GAMES

Tonight I have been invited to play Mah Jongg with a group at 6:30 p.m.


Image: The Chinese game Mahjong. Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

For me 6:30 p.m. is early, that means I'll have to be at the dining room at 5:00 p.m in order to play "the game."

Before I came to Brooksby my dinner hour could be anywhere from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I have heard that some people go to dinner as early as 4:00 p.m. They must wake up at 3:00 a.m. to have breakfast!

Eating early is one of the adjustments I've had to make in order to participate in evening activities. That cuts my day short because I am not a fast mover in the morning.

CLASSES

Since I've been here I have looked forward to attending Yiddish classes which are starting soon. They will be held every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month at 1:00 pm-2:30 pm.

I also signed up for a September Series of classes given by a resident who also presents classes at the Explorers Lifelong Learning Institute in Salem.


Image: Explorers

One that sounds interesting is, "Controversial Insight into the Deaths of Famous Americans."

And wouldn't you know, that class is on the same day and same time as another class I am interested in. I want to attend both these classes, so what I'll try to do is - just skip one session and attend the other one and see how that works.

I said short and sweet - have to go to dinner now!


Comments:
I amazed and filled somewhat with envy at how rich your live is. But I think that is because you have a love of people and curious mind.
 
I love all of this. Makes me think of a different lifestyle.
So far my early to bed and early to rise and my gardening, computer and camera seems to be enough.
But I would like more people connection but - no time...
 
Decisions, decisions but who would have thought there would be so much to do! You are going to be very busy young lady! Enjoy!
 
Was interested in your reaction to having to adapt to different dining times. Meeting new people is also and interesting adventure.

Sounds like you're getting involved with some activities you enjoy -- both of those movies are quite entertaining, I think.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I intended to mention I really enjoyed "The Artist." A movie from earlier this year I highly recommend and think you might enjoy -- lots of fun, very upbeat, music -- based on a true story (book) -- is French with Eng. subtitles, but so much action going on not really a lot of reading necessary -- title is "Intouchables." Here's a link to what I wrote with videos: http://joared-along.blogspot.com/search?q=intouchables Be sure to read Vagabonde's comment -- she's French/American and shared information about the real Frenchman from well-known very wealthy family portrayed in the film. (am not trying to promote my blog ;-)
 
Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger