Sunday, September 11, 2011
 
KEEPING OLD BLOG POSTS ALIVE
I wish I could tell you the name of the blog I came across recently that I found very interesting. Twenty lashes for me for not making a note or printing out the name of the blog.

There are times when I don't have anything of particular interest to write about, doesn't happen often but it does happen.

The main idea that this person put forth was, "Keep old blog posts alive!"

Your old post could be something that your new followers have never read.

Your old post could have some relevance to something new that you put up.

Your old post could show how times and your thinking have changed.

or

You could put up a post that your readers particularly enjoyed.

You could put up a post that meant a lot to you.

You could put up a post that shows how your style has changed.

Those are just a few of the ideas I remember.


Last week I made a post that had to do with using coupons - well - I made a post in July of 2008 about that very subject!



READ THAT POST: THE DINE-AROUND BOOK:
Years ago organizations sold what was referred to as a "Dine-Around Book." It was a very successful way to raise funds. As a matter of fact I think they still might be putting those books out but they are not as popular as they were years ago.
I must say, I enjoyed rereading about the fun day my husband and our friends had that day.

So, for the first time I will keep an old blog post alive!

Enjoy


Comments:
Great idea Millie! I have so many of my blogs archived so I may start to check them over. Happy day Hugz!
 
I like this idea, because sometimes, I cannot remember what ai wrote. Dianne
 
Millie, I did that this morning
After a conversation with one of my daughter's.
Coincidence :)
 
One Woman's Journey

That sure is a coincidence.

I'm going over to your blog to see what post you chose to keep alive, ;-)
 
One Woman's Journey

I tried to leave a comment on your blog and for some reason it didn't work.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your old post about listening, I feel exactly like you do about it.

Glad you kept that old post alive.
 
Thanks for sharing those wonderful thoughts. There are great reasons to spread news through blogging and the idea of taking some effort for it should never be doubted.
 
Millie,
thank you
your the first that
a comment would
not come through
Oh, the joy of
the computer...
 
You got that right! Better be ready.
 
The post you read had some good reasons for doing historic linking to old posts. I just passed the 1,000 blog post not too long ago...so perhaps I should think about this.
 
I occasionally re-post old blog entries, and many people comment who didn't see it the first time.
 
What great ideas, Millie! This makes sense, especially when someone has been blogging as long as you have~

Warmest regards,
Irene
 
Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger