Sunday, July 12, 2009
 
VEGETARIAN APPETIZER
Years ago when I had company coming over for lunch or dinner I would make dishes that had lots of rich ingredients like butter, cream cheese or sour cream. I thought like Julia Childs did - the more butter the better.

Now-a-days people are more aware of the damage that can be caused by too much fat in the diet.

Healthy Eating Pyramid

I don't do the entertaining or cooking that I used to but once in a blue moon I'll make an appetizer that is good for me, tastes good and I can even have it as a light lunch.

MILLIE'S VEGETARIAN APPETIZER

1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 small can drained string beans
1 small can drained green peas
1 small diced onion
salt and pepper to taste

Saute onion - Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until well blended.

The hardest part of this recipe is opening the cans!

Enjoy!


Comments:
A recipe where the hard part is opening the cans is just for me LOL
 
Hi Millie,

This one sounds good. I'm going to give it a try.

And thanks for reminding me of the old gin and raisin recipe for arthritis. I'm going to try that, too!

Take care,
Beth (in Florida!)
 
I don't LOL even covers it
 
Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger