Thursday, June 08, 2006
 
HOT CHOCOLATE and a GOOD BOOK
The other day I had a wonderful "in PERSON" visit from the Islandwriter, Terri DuLong . She was visiting family in the area and dropped by with her lovely grand- daughter Kaela. It was like we were old friends and never ran out of conversation. Terry is very vivacious and it was a joy to spend time with her.

Terry has published two books, "Lost Souls of the Witches Castle" and "Daughters of the Mill." Not only did she give me a copy of each book, she signed them with very special words.

In the past I have been present where I have heard an author speak, seen them on televion or read an article by them but never really spent time with them like I did with Terri.

It's raining again today, a perfect day to curl up with a good book and a hot chocolate. I started to read "Daughters of the Mill" and I can see it's the kind of book you can't put down. First of all since I met the author I can hear her saying what I am reading and wonder how much of her is in the book.

Since Terri comes from this area originally there are many places she mentions in the book that are famillar to me, having brunch at the Hawthorne Hotel, lunch at the Lyceum in Salem and even Jordan Marsh's famous blueberry muffins.

Knowing the author, the area she writes about and the fascinating story makes it a great read.

I should be making supper now but I have to read one more chapter!


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger