Monday, November 14, 2005
 
TWO SURPRISES
I was thinking what my next post could be about -maybe about a movie I saw this weekend, a story about a blind date I had years ago or something that happened in my childhood. Well, I am going to put those ideas on hold for now because I want to tell you about something that happened yesterday!

I attended a surprise 80th birthday party for a friend of mine, she had neighbors, family and friends who came from near and far to celebrate this special occasion.

The birthday girl introduced me to Melissa, a dear friend of her's who had come in from Ohio. She introduced me as "Millie from Swampscott." With a look of amazment on her face, she asked, "Are you Thoroughly Modern Millie?" I was equally amazed and said,"yes, that's me, what made you ask?"

She went on to explain why she thought I might be the person she found on the Web. The birthday girl had spoken to her in the past about her friend Millie who lives in Swampscott but when Melissa came across my blog she thought it couldn't be me so she never questioned her friend.

Melissa is a reference librarian in Xenia, Ohiio and conducts computer classes for young and old. She does have a number of seniors in her group and on occasion has used MY BLOG to motivate them.

I know that people read and comment on my posts but to really meet someone "in the flesh", who KNOWS me, was a great thrill.

My friend had a surprise party and I had a surprise meeting!!

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger