Thursday, October 13, 2005
 
OLD IS NEW AGAIN
In the "Life at Home" section of today's Boston Globe there is an article entitled "The Mod Couple." It refers to the excitement of the NEW blue and brown color scheme that people in their 20s and 30s are attracted to.

Well, I have news for them.

It was 1943 when Boston was the try-out city for plays before they went to New York. I remember treating my mother for a day in town, it was lunch in Chinatown and then to the Shubert Theatre to see Mexican Hayride.

We loved the play, especially the music and lyrics by Cole Porter. My mother was a romantic and the song that stayed with her was, "I Love You."

Listen to I Love You by Bing Crosby. [ mp3 ] from Amazon.com

What stood out in my mind was a nightclub scene were everything on stage was blue and brown.

That spring I couldn't wait to go shopping for a new outfit. It was a blue and brown suit with a matching hat!

There really isn't anything new under the sun.

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger