Thursday, September 29, 2005
 
MY TRIP - PART 3
Trouble With Buses

Today I want to back track and tell you about my bus experience. When I arrived at the Pheonix airport I had to make a connection that would get me to Flagstaff which is a three hour ride. While I was waiting for the van I got to talking to several ladies who it turned out were also going to Senior Summer School, that was a good opportunity to get aqainted with my fellow students.

We get settled on the bus and after a while we realized it was HOT and called out to the driver, "put the air on!"

He replied, "it is on. it will just time to get cool."

Well that never happened, but what did happen was the engine started to STEAM! Here we were in the middle of nowhere, all that we could see on the road was cactus, bushes and trees!

Fortunatly we finally came to a shopping mall and the driver was able to pull in and park in front of Sears. He placed a call to his office and was told that they would send another bus as soon as possible. The manager of Sears was witness to all this and invited us into the employees lounge where we had cold drinks and comfortable sofas to relax on. The manager and his staff were so happy to be of help to us, they could not have nicer.

Since I had that bus experience have been thinking about other times when things went wrong while traveling by bus.

There was the time the bus broke down and we had to get a ride home with a sightseeing trolley.

Another time I was on a bus going to Washington, which is a long ride from Boston, and what do you know, the bus ran out of gas on the highway and we had to wait for another bus.

Another time, after a day trip, we were scheduled to have dinner at a restaurant, the reservation was for 6:00pm. The bus driver GOT LOST and we did not get there until 10:00pm. The restaurant stayed open until we got there.

The moral of this story is: don't go on a bus trip with me, you could have a problem!

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger