Thursday, September 22, 2005
 
MY TRIP - PART 1
Every winter for the past few years I spend the winters in Florida. That is a great get-away from the New England winters but it is really not a vacation. While in Florida I have the daily chores, making the bed, doing the laundry, shopping for groceries and doing a little cooking.

I have not had a real vacation in years. At first it seemed strange to leave the bed unmade but it didn't take me too long to get used to the idea. What I found difficult was being at breakfast by 7:30 am. I am not an early riser so that was a challenge. Some mornings we left for a day trip at 8:30 am and did not get back until 5:15 pm and dinner was served at 5:30.

When I was packing for this trip I was concerned about what to take, had to take clothes for warm weather, cool weather and some changes for the evening. Turns out I did not have to worry about changes, many times I just stayed in the clothes that I started the day with. They kept us so busy there was no time to change!

There were a few days when there were no sightseeing trips planned, those days we had classes thoughout the day. I knew before hand that I would be skipping some classes and I sure did, I even skipped breakfast a few mornings. There was a refigerator and coffeemaker in the room so I was able to have a leisure morning. Some afternoons I skipped class and spent time relaxing at the pool.

I know, I know, sounds like I skipped a lot of classes, well I did but I also attended some and will write about them at another time.

We were told that the elevation at Flagstaff is 7,000 feet and were encouraged to drink lots of water and to rest! Ha! With the daily activities that were planned for us, that was hard to do. I have been going to bed early and napping ever since I came home.

I'll be writting a lot more about this trip in future posts. Right now am going to take a nap.

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger