Friday, August 12, 2005
 
EIGHTY ON THE EIGHTEENTH
In a few days I am going to be eighty years old! I just typed that and I can not believe it, maybe I feel it sometimes but I sure don't think or act it.

One of the reasons I feel so good is that I have something that I am involved in, excited about and look forward to. You guessed it, it's blogging.



I started blogging about two years ago and the more I post, the more I enjoy it. Over time I have made many friends from the United States and countries from all over the world. I am amazed how blogging has opened my mind and enriched my life.

Those of you that read my blog on a steady basis know that I made a presentation at a marketing workshop not too long ago. That was the first time that I spoke before a large group of people, I loved it and they loved me.



When I was a little girl and even later in my growing up years I was a very quiet and shy girl. My parents were concerned because I was not talkative so they engaged an elocution teacher to come to the house to see what she could do for me. Nothing helped. As I matured I became more outgoing and really blossomed. I am what you could say "a late bloomer."



This late bloomer has done alright, has a wonderful son and daughter-in-law, great friends, lives in a beautiful condo and winters in Florida.



When you blow out the candles and make a wish you are not supposed to tell what you wish for, I am going to tell you anyway, I wish that all my friends and loved ones that are no longer here could know how my life has turned out.

"If they could see me now."

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger