Sunday, May 15, 2005
 
THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE
Guess what! I saw Thoroughly Modern Millie yesterday. Yes, yes, I know that is who I am but I saw THE PLAY, live, on stage at the North Shore Music Theatre in Beverly, MA.

The story is a about a young girl from Salina, Kansas who comes to the big city. Sitting there it was not hard to figure what was going to happen next. Same old story, innocent girl from a hick town wants to marry her wealthy boss but falls in love with a young and handsome guy who tells her he sells paper clips for a living.

Well I won't tell you the rest of the story because I know you smart folks will figure it out.

The costumes from the 20's were snazzy and the tap dancing numbers were great. There were several scenes that were so corny, they had me in stitches. I have not laughed so much in a long time.

You can't see me in person but you can see "Millie" on stage!

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger