Monday, January 24, 2005
 
"IT'S A PUZZLEMENT"
That is a line that I remember from "The King and I." Well, I have my own puzzlement.

When I go to the supermarket, the store is always very busy, especially the deli and the bakery. You have to take a number and wait and wait and wait. Then when you get to the check out, you have to wait and wait and wait too. And there are no shortages of supermarkets, there is one on practically ever corner! Maybe we need two on every corner.

Now when it comes to restaurants there are no shortages either. No matter when you go, there is a long wait for a table, one day I went at 3:30 and had to wait until 4:30 to be seated.

There are exceptions, like the time I went in for breakfast at 10:00 and got seated immediately. As Red Buttons said, "Strange Things Are Happening."

The only explanation I can come up with is that people down here snack a lot. What do you think?

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger