Sunday, November 28, 2004
 
A HAIRY TALE
How many of you out there remember the "Big Hair Do's" of the 50's and 60's? I was part of that era and had to have my hair done every week by a hairdresser that was in great demand because when she did your hair it did not dare move for a week. She would tease your hair till it brought tears to your eyes, I am not kidding! Millie

She had a work schedule like today's doctors, if you had an appointment at 1:00 you were lucky if she took at 2:00. It was an all day affair but that was the price we were willing to pay for what we considered a great looking hairdo.

The great thing about having your hairdo stay in for a week was that when you went on vacation ,before you went to bed, all you had to do was wrap your head in a lot of toilet paper and then put a bonnet over it!

The only trouble with that was, we did not have a bathroom in our room, I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and I was always concerned that I would bump into the night watchman. Now that I think about it, I think I would have scared him more then him seeing me in my getup!

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger